Ruha Benjamin: Which Humans? Innovation, Equity, and Imagination in Human-Centered Design (Keynote)
Chieko Asakawa: "See What I Mean: Making Waves with the Blind" (ACM CHI 2021 Opening Keynote)
Ben Shneiderman: Human–Centered AI (ACM IUI 2021)
SIGCHI Equity Talks #1: Being Global
- Thank you, SIGCHI!June 10, 2021With the SIGCHI election behind us and the results announced, we begin our work as the SIGCHI Executive Committee-elect by extending our gratitude towards the many members of our community who ...
- The New ACM Violations DatabaseMay 25, 2021Recently, at the ACM’s SIG Governing Board Meeting, the ACM CEO, Vicki Hanson, presented the ACM’s Violations Database and the plan to use this database to monitor and enforce sanctions that have ...
- Statement Regarding the 2020 ACM Turing AwardMay 20, 2021The following email was sent Tuesday, Apr 27, 2021 to all SIGCHI Members by Helena Mentis SIGCHI President on behalf of the SIGCHI Executive Committee and was cosigned by 14 other ACM Special ...
- How do Data Science Workers Collaborate? Roles, Workflows, and Tools May 29, 2020 Amy X. Zhang Michael Muller Dakuo Wang
- Patriarchy, Maternal Health and Spiritual Healing April 23, 2020
- Re-examining Whether, Why, and How Human-AI Interaction Is Uniquely Difficult to Design April 23, 2020
- Questioning the AI: Informing Design Practices for Explainable AI User Experiences April 23, 2020
- Co-Designing Checklists to Understand Organizational Challenges and Opportunities around Fairness in AI April 23, 2020
- Breaking The Experience: Effects of Questionnaires in VR User Studies April 23, 2020
- Critical Race Theory for HCI April 23, 2020