The SIGCHI mailing and discussion lists are open to all interested people and do not require ACM or SIGCHI membership. Posting to the lists is moderated to avoid spam, irrelevant posts, and subscription queries, but are generally open to to any people, whether subscribers or not. Many lists are archived and searchable on the Web.
How to Subscribe
To subscribe to a list, send email from the account where you will receive the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with body like:
subscribe chi-fakelist Alan Turing
replace “chi-fakelist” with the name of the list and replace “Alan Turing” with your name. You can unsubscribe in a similar way, just email:
You can optionally also make an account on the https://listserv.acm.org/ server with the same email address you used to subscribe and manage your subscriptions
List of Lists
- chi-Announcements@acm.org: Non-Commercial General Interest Announcements
- chi-Consultants@acm.org: Discussion for HCI Consultants
- chi-Education@acm.org: EduCHI and HCI Education
- chi-IDI@acm.org: Issues in Interface Design and Implementation
- chi-Intercultural@acm.org: Cross-Cultural Issues in HCI
- chi-Jobs@acm.org: Job Postings in HCI
Job postings to chi-Jobs must conform to the ACM Code of Ethics regarding nondiscrimination.
- chi-Kids@acm.org: Kid-Computer Interaction
- chi-Methods@acm.org: Methodological Issues in HCI (Open Discussion)
- chi-Policy@acm.org: Issues related to public policy and HCI
- chi-Resources@acm.org: CHI events, web sites, products and services
- chi-Students@acm.org: Student Issues and Announcements
Need a list?
If you would like to create a list to discuss a topic not covered by the existing lists, contact us.