June 26 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 5:00 pm EDT
We are pleased to announce that the ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021 will be held on June 26-30, 2021 in a hybrid format, pandemic permitting (online and in Athens, Greece). IDC is the premier international conference for researchers, educators and practitioners to share the latest research findings, innovative methodologies and new technologies in the areas of inclusive child-centered design, learning and interaction.
The theme for ACM IDC 2021 is “Global meets local: designing with and for children in a changing world”. The theme considers the unprecedented situation of the pandemic and the insights that are continuously gained as the entire planet experiences this situation. Due to the universal scale and nature of the pandemic, coupled with its impact on a local level, IDC 2021 will assume a hybrid, flexible, and diverse approach.
IDC 2021 will be a hybrid conference, held online and in Athens, Greece (pandemic permitting) on the following dates:
- Doctoral Consortium (online)
- Ice breaking event: Saturday, June 12, 2021 – 17:00 – 19:00 EET
- Actual event: Thursday, June 24, 2021 – 17:00 – 22:00 EET
- Workshops & Courses
- Saturday June 26, 2021 – afternoon EET
- Sunday June 27, 2021 – morning EET
- Conference paper presentations (full and notes), WiP, Panels, Keynote talks (hybrid)
- Monday June 28, 2021 – Wednesday June 30, 2021 – morning / afternoon EET