This document contains links to all guides and resources of the SIGCHI Video Operations Team that concern video. Please reach out for questions or suggestions.
Video Executive Summary
Live Streaming Guides
Document with a brief description of and considerations for live streaming.
Venue AV Connection Diagram
Summary diagram of how to connect SIGCHI Video equipment to local AV systems.
Video chair guide
Guide for conference video chairs (volunteers that handle logistics and on-site recording).
Guide for student volunteers that help recording talks on-site (aka. videographers).
Brief checklist for videographers.
Offsite & Remote Guides
Requirements for Chairs
- The conference should have a video presentation chair who serves as a single point of contact, and coordinates with all individual venue chairs (papers, LBWs, etc).
- Conferences should use the PCS and QOALA workflow for video and metadata collection.
- Video specifications (mp4, 1080/720p, 200mb, srt subtitles)
- Deadline for video submission should be at least 2 weeks before date videos need to be live (or longer for larger conferences).
- Chairs can specify a precise date/time to make the videos public on YouTube links subject to the previous deadline requirements.
Chair’s Video Collection Guide
An easy way to collect videos for a conference using PCS.
Remote Presenter’s Guide
This post details how to make a video presentation for a remote or virtual event.
Here’s an overview of QOALA (20 minutes).
Bumper templates and examples
SIGCHI adds a short video bumper in front of all recordings. The bumper asset package contains conference logos, ACM and SIGCHI logos and some data about the conference (name, location, date,…).
As many conferences are using Zoom for remote meetings and webinars, here are a few links that we find useful.
- Importing Webinar Registrants (access control via email addresses).
- Meetings & Webinars (joining & starting, scheduling, settings & control guides with a FAQ section)
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- More Zoom How To Videos
- Join Live Training Webinars. Sign-up for upcoming trainings.