The deadline for 2022 nominations is now past. The link for submitting 2023 nominations will appear here in September 2022.
Nominations must include:
SIGCHI award nominations must include the following: (See below for special instructions on submitting the Outstanding Dissertation Award.)
- A brief summary (maximum 1,000 words) of why the nominee is suited for the award
- Name and contact information of the nominator
- Names and contact information of two people who are knowledgeable about the qualifications of and endorse the nominee (nothing is required of the endorser at the time of application beyond their agreement that the nominee deserves the award)
The Outstanding Dissertation Award follows a special process detailed here.
Queries should be submitted as follows:
NOTE: There is no ‘s’ at the end of ‘award’ in the following email addresses.
- General questions: email@example.com
- Nominations – SIGCHI Lifetime Research Award: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations – SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award: email@example.com
- Nominations – SIGCHI Social Impact Award: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations – SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award: email@example.com
- Nominations – SIGCHI Outstanding Dissertation Award: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations – SIGCHI Special Recognition Award: email@example.com
- Nominations – CHI Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SIGCHI awards are coordinated by the SIGCHI Adjunct Chair for Awards. The awardees are selected from the nominations by the following subcommittees that are appointed by the SIGCHI Executive Committee.
- The SIGCHI Research Award subcommittee selects the recipients of the SIGCHI Lifetime Research Award, the SIGCHI Special Recognition Award, and elects individuals to the SIGCHI Academy.
- The SIGCHI Practice Award subcommittee selects the recipient of the SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award, and elects individuals to the SIGCHI Academy.
- The SIGCHI Social Impact Award subcommittee selects the recipients of the SIGCHI Social Impact Award.
- The SIGCHI Service Award subcommittee selects the recipients of the SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award.
- The SIGCHI Outstanding Dissertation Award subcommittee selects the recipient(s) of the Outstanding Dissertation Award.
We follow the ACM awards committee conflict of interest process. Additionally, SIGCHI EC members are not eligible for awards (except for past presidents, who are). In practice, this means that the listed EC members from President through Vice President for Operations, as well as the Adjunct Chairs, are not eligible. Also note that subcommittee members are eligible for awards from other subcommittees.