Summary. This is the third in a series of posts about the SIGCHI Election. It gives an overview of the election, including how you can vote, which will take place in Spring 2021. The first two posts in the series are here and here.
Step 1: Be an active SIGCHI member before the voter registration deadline of March 15, 2021
In order to vote in the election, you must be an active SIGCHI member by March 15, 2021. Being an ACM member isn’t enough to vote in the SIGCHI election — you must be a member of SIGCHI, too. Both professional and student members of SIGCHI are eligible to vote.
Not sure if you’re a member? Here’s how to check:
- Visit myacm.acm.org, and log in using the member login on the left side
- On the landing page, there’s a section titled “Memberships and Subscriptions”
- If you are an active SIGCHI member, you will see that listed under “Your Memberships”
Not an active SIGCHI member? Here’s how to become one:
- Renewal: In the upper right hand corner of the myacm.acm.org landing page, there is a link labeled “renew.” That link will take you to a page where you can renew your membership.
- New member: Visit this page, which will allow you to sign up for a SIGCHI membership: Sign up for a SIGCHI Membership Now!
Step 2: Check the email associated with your SIGCHI membership for instructions on how to vote
In April, active members will receive an email message from the ACM (sent to the email account associated with their SIGCHI membership) about the election. This email will contain instructions for how to vote, the voting deadline, and an individualized link to your ballot.
If you have memberships in other SIGs, or a general ACM membership, you may be eligible to vote for other elections which will occur at the same time.
Step 3: The results of the election will be announced in the summer, and you will receive an email containing the results.
The results of the election will also be announced on the sigchi.org website.