The SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award is presented to individuals for outstanding contributions to the practice and understanding of human-computer interaction. This award recognizes the very best and most influential applications of human-computer interaction. It is awarded for a lifetime of innovation and leadership and carries an honorarium of $5000. The criteria for the award are:
- Cumulative contributions to the field directly and through the leadership of others.
- Innovation and the stimulation of innovation through practice.
- Impact on the field, industry, and society.
- Influence on the work of others, and the growth of other HCI practitioners and researchers.
- Successful application of human-computer interaction to products, services, and systems.
- Reasonably active participant in the ACM SIGCHI community, although outstanding individuals active in other professional communities are considered.